Essentials for Schools
Softball Australia’s endorsed junior participation program model Softball Batter Up (SBU) is a multi-session program primarily for children 4 - 13 years of age. The program is offered to all school grades, introducing participants to the fundamental skills of softball through a variety of modified games and activities to ensure maximum participation and enjoyment.
The program has been designed to be flexible in delivery and to reflect the individual abilities and experience of each participant.
Softball Batter Up is the official softball program for Sporting Schools. Visit the Softball Australia Sporting Schools website for further information.
PRIMARY SCHOOL PROGRAM
View Softball Australia's Sporting Schools Booking System Guide for tips on booking your program and ordering equipment.
Softball offers participants many benefits including:
- Resources aligned with the National Physical Education Curriculum
- Lesson plans have four and six week option available for each learning band (F-2, 3-4, 5-6)
- Activities identify learning intention, skill focus, and content descriptions
- Suitable for all ages and abilities
- Based on the Playing for Life philosophy
- Improves physical fitness and mental alertness
- Builds social skills by meeting other students and building a sense of belonging, responsibility, loyalty, and teamwork through sport.
Softball Australia’s Softball Batter UP program has 11 packages currently available. Packages include:
Teacher delivered program:
- Packages range from $580 - $1850 (inclusive of GST).
- Variations on the packages are due to equipment kit requested.
- See teacher accreditation requirements below.
Coach delivered program:
- These packages range from $352 - $4316 (inclusive of GST).
- Variations on the packages are due to the type of equipment requested, number of sessions, number of participants, and coaching expenses due to provider delivery, as well as program delivery special circumstances.
- Once Softball Australia has received your initial booking request, your package will be able to be modified to suit your schools budget and needs.
Registered school contacts can login to their Sporting Schools account to access the Booking System and view all the packages available in more detail. You can also visit the Sporting Schools Help Centre for further information or contact the Softball Australia Sporting Schools Coordinator.
There are a range of softball kit options available to support your programs including a basic kit, regular kit and deluxe kit. These are detailed below (all prices inclusive of GST).
BASIC KIT - suitable for schools that want to run a softball program themselves or who have a low budget. Comes with basic equipment and Softball Batter Up (SBU) Activity Cards. Allows for two mini games.
REGULAR KIT - basic kit plus gloves. Comes with Softball Batter Up (SBU) Activity Cards. Allows for two mini games.
DELUXE KIT - includes 24 gloves and balls, enough for an average sized class. Comes with Softball Batter Up (SBU) Activity Cards. Allows for four mini games.
COMPETITION KIT - same items to the regular kit however the bats and balls are ‘hard’ for senior grades to prepare for inter-school competition. The competition kit also includes catching gear and 5 helmets for game-play scenarios.
If you would like to order your equipment through Softball Australia, please state this in the ‘Additional Information' when placing a booking through the Sporting Schools Booking System and complete an online equipment order for confirmation.
You are welcome to custom build your kit or purchase one of the kits listed above. Please ensure that you have your school purchase number available for invoicing. Further questions regarding the equipment, please email Ben Utting, Softball Australia’s Sport Development Manager.
- Participant Packs - an $80 pack is available per student; includes a glove, bat, and ball (foam). If you are interested in this option please contact Softball Australia’s Sporting Schools Coordinator via email.
- Additional equipment - If you would like to order additional equipment or would like to amend anything in the current kits place this request in the ‘Additional Information’ section for your booking request when selecting your package on the ASC System.
CAN TEACHERS DELIVER?
If you are a teacher currently working at a school, you can deliver the Sporting Schools Program exclusively to your school by meeting the following requirements. Once you are endorsed by Softball Australia, you will receive a certificate of endorsement.
NOTE: Face-to-face teacher accreditation is subject to trainer availability. If you are interested in participating in a face-to-face softball coaching accreditation, please submit a registration of interest. If this option is not available in your area, endorsement can be obtained via the online coaching endorsement process.
You will need to:
And meet the following requirements:
Contact: Ben Utting
Phone: (03) 9417 0222 (Ext 104)
Contact: Ben Utting
Phone: (03) 9417 0222 (Ext 104)
Contact: Donna McGrath
PHONE: (02) 9677 4002
Contact: Nicky Baldwin
PHONE: (08) 8927 3333
Contact: Daniel Sarmiento
Phone: (07) 3391 2447
Contact: Ev Seabourne
Phone: 0408 546 208
Contact: Jenny Cassidy
Phone: (03) 9415 1745
Contact: Shannon Hearne
Phone: (08) 6181 3900