Sporting Schools is a $160 million Australian Government initiative to get children committed to a lifelong love of sport. Sporting Schools specifically aims to help schools:
- provide quality organised sporting experiences;
- connect 860,000 children with national sporting organisation (NSO) endorsed sporting opportunities;
- increase children’s participation in sport;
- nurture children’s lifelong love of sport; and
- create stronger links between children and local sporting clubs.
Australian primary schools can apply for funding each term to deliver Sporting Schools activity before, during or after school hours using one of our NSO partners.
Funding is calculated based on:
- school population;
- the total number of participants scheduled to participate in the Sporting Schools sessions; and
- any applicable special circumstances (such as regional and remote schools).
Your application will then be assessed according to:
More information about Sporting Schools funding can be found on our Help Centre.