Why join Sporting Schools?
Does your school want to:
- increase children’s participation in sport?
- offer students new sporting opportunities?
- access sport-based professional development opportunities for teachers? or
- access a range of sporting resources?
Then Sporting Schools is for you.
‘School sport can be a positive influence on lifelong participation in sport and physical activity.’
Sporting Schools offers your school the opportunity to:
- access funding each term to provide sport-based activity before, during and after school hours;
- access the Sporting Schools booking system to view a range of sport packages on offer from each of our national sporting organisation (NSO) partners;
- access quality online sporting resources and lesson plans;
- access professional development opportunities for teachers;
- access a range of curriculum aligned resources for teachers to run activities outside of Sporting Schools sessions;
- apply the Playing for Life philosophy, where children are encouraged to have fun by focusing on ‘skills not drills’;
- introduce a variety of sporting programs to more children and teachers; and
- contribute to creating stronger links between children and local sporting clubs.
Find out how to get started
If you have any questions about the program or the website visit our Help Centre.
Our Client Support Centre is also available to assist you with your application. For support please contact our team via the Get in Touch form at the bottom of this website or call 1300 785 707.